YOUR COLLEGE ADMISSION APPLICATION JOURNEY
The very first step is to find the right course to pursue your higher studies. Then it is always important to do research about the main universities in which you can find your corresponding stream.
The key milestones of our application journey would be
1. Application to selected university
Apply to the selected university directly on their website or through Campus France (it is recommended to apply on your own, and avoid going through external agencies).
Normally it takes 3 business days to get a reply from their end with further details of the course and admission procedure.
You can complete your application form for the current academic year by giving the relevant information and send a mail to the university with all the requested attachments (photocopies).
2. Receive acceptance from university
The university will provide an acceptance letter if all the required documents meet their expectation and if you’re eligible for the course.
3. Interview with Dean
Next step with the admission process is the interview with the Dean. The university will update you with the Interview Schedule. Interview can be Video/Audio. After the Interview, you’ll receive the result normally within a week.
If you’ve showcased best performance the university will contact you stating that you’re selected for the course and they will provide the Certificate of Enrolment. This certificate is needed for Campus France Academic Interview & Visa Application.
4. Academic Interview with Campus France
Campus France is a government agency that operates under the French Ministry of External Affairs.
They provide various services to students to find the courses, best Universities, Scholarship details, personalized counselling sessions and various workshops throughout the year for students looking to pursue education in France. Some of their major events are: Choose France Tour with French Institutions representatives, Tech Fair, other international fairs, Pre-departure sessions.
They conduct Academic Interview and provide an authorized letter which has to be included in the documents to apply for a Student Visa.
For more information: https://www.inde.campusfrance.org/about-us.
For the Academic Interview with Campus France Cochin, the following documents will be required (Only original version will be accepted):
– 12th mark sheet and passing certificate
– Bachelor’s degree and mark sheet (if applicable). If you do not have your degree yet, please get a bonafide letter or a provisional degree from your university.
– Master’s degree and mark sheet (if applicable). If you do not have your degree yet please get a bonafide letter or a provisional degree from your university.
– Documents proving your work experience – if any
– Passport (valid passport)
– Admission letter from the French Institute / University (the letter should include the name of the program chosen, study duration, full amount of the tuition fee, down payment receipt and remaining balance if any) – This is not applicable to students who are in the process of taking admission to a program in France
– Normal fees for Campus France Interview as of 2018 – INR 14500 (free movers/Full Time Masters or Bachelors Program)
– Payment procedure- http://ifindia.in/payment/
5. Visa application (with VFS)
“Visa Facilitation Services Global,” in short VFS Global is a company that manages visa and passport issuance-related administrative tasks.
Once you have gone through the Academic Interview and received the authorized letter from Campus France, you are required to take an appointment in VFS. You may either take it online (NOTE: it is recommended to take an online appointment on your own) or you may do it with the help of agents to submit the documents.