finding the right institution and course for your higher studies
France offers courses taught in both French and English, and a variety of globally recognized degrees. There are over 1300 programs taught in English in France; across medium-sized French cities, such as Grenoble an Toulouse, and in the capital, Paris.
Most Masters Programs in France are normally two years in duration; postgraduate programs in France break down into individual academic years, separated by holidays.
The academic year in France runs for nine months from September or October to May or June. Each academic year has two semesters, with a Christmas break.
Examinations are at the end of each semester.
There are two kinds of academic institutions in France :
1. Public Universities (average tuition fee of 3,500€ per year).
2. Grandes Écoles (average tuition fee of 20,000€ per year, varying by ranking).
There are mainly three kinds /levels of Masters Programs:
1. Specialized Masters (normally two-years including internship experience).
Like other Masters degrees, they tend to be four semesters long, but place a great deal of emphasis on advanced professional training and technical expertise.
2. MBA programs (normally one-year)
France was the first country to offer MBA programs in Europe. French business schools continue to be some of the most prestigious and competitive, with institutions such as HEC Paris and ESSEC being particularly highly regarded.
3. Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD)
An Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD), is a prestigious international study program, jointly delivered by an international consortium of higher education institutions. EMJMDs award EU-funded scholarships to the best candidates applying under annual selection rounds.
It is recommended to apply to universities and for a visa on your own, and not through agents. With sufficient research, the application journey is completely feasible on your own.
– Programs taught in English: http://taughtie.campusfrance.org/tiesearch/#/catalog
– French higher education system: https://www.campusfrance.org/en/French-degrees-LMD-equivalences
– Top institutes for MBA : https://www.letudiant.fr/palmares/palmares-des-grandes-ecoles-de-commerce/excellence-internationale.html
– Types of institutions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandes_%C3%A9coles
– French universities: https://about-france.com/higher-education-system.html